When I make a batch of easy gluten free Halloween cookies and I see the looks of joy on my children’s faces that I’ve managed to make them this treat and managed to make it gluten free for all of us to enjoy, I realize that it is something that I should share.
Here’s how to make them:
1 cup of butter, softened
1.5 cups of raw cane sugar
1.5 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
just under 3 cups of all purpose gluten free flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill for this recipe)
1 teaspoon of fine salt
How to make
1. Beat the sugar and butter together until well blended. (I find it really therapeutic to do this with a wooden spoon, but an electric mixer would speed up the process)
2. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract and mix well.
3. Add the flour and salt and mix until well blended
4. Preheat the oven to 350F
5. If using a cookie pan (I found a cool one with Halloween shapes), then grease the pan shapes with a little butter (brush the butter on with a pastry brush, or wipe the pan with some kitchen paper covered in butter).
If you don’t have a cookie pan the lightly grease a cookie sheet.
6. The mixture will be a bit sticky, so spoon the mixture into the pan and press it into the shapes. Alternatively, spoon rounds onto the cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 10 minutes
8. Cool for 5-10 minutes and then turn cookies out onto a plate and decorate.