When a friend gives me a couple of giant zucchinis, I can think of nothing better to make with them than a simple pot of wholesome curried zucchini soup. It makes a delicious lunch for us all to share.
1 organic yellow onion, finely diced
4/5 organic zucchini
2 tablespoons of curry powder
1 quart of organic vegetable stock
2 cups of organic plain yoghurt (I use goats milk yoghurt)
salt and pepper to season
mint to garnish
How to make
1. Heat the oil and stir in the onion and the curry powder, until the onion is soft.
2. Add the zucchini and soften for around 3-5 minutes.
3. Add the vegetable stock and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Blend with a hand blender until smooth, add the yoghurt and plenty of seasoning.
5. Serve garnished with a sprig on mint and enjoy.